Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nugget Overload

I've started doing this new thing that's basically changing my life. No big deal.

 Pretty big deal.

I'll call it my Daily Nugget. And i'm not talking chicken.

The idea is to write a verse/thought/quote on a sheet of paper and carry it around with me throughout the day so that I can pull it out and reflect on it "evening, morning and noon" (Psalm 55:17). It reminds me of what that Lord has shown me that morning and helps me to keep my thoughts fixed on Christ (Colossian 3:2).

Since I've royally failed at keeping this blog updated, I'm girding my loins once again and going to attempt to be more consistent by posting my daily nuggets. That way, I can look back and see what the Lord has taught me throughout the week/month/year..ok maybe I'm putting a little too much confidence in my blogging.

I'm starting about 2 weeks late, so I'm currently debating whether to catch myself up to speed or to just start with today. I think I'll start at the beginning and just see how long this gets. Thinking aloud on a blog feels funny. OK here goes!

"Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name; bring an offering and come into His courts" Psalm 96:8
Believe in Hell. Be willing to let go of anyting He chooses to take

"Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted. Therefore, brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus."
Hebrews 2:18; 3:1
Love each other deeply.

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength" Philippians 4:12
"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' your love, O Lord, supported me." Psalm 94:18
Talk with Him continually. You can be as close to Him as you choose.

"The one who sent me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases Him." John 8:29
A quick glance at Him is all you need to make the right choice. Delight yourself in Him more and more; seek His pleasure in all you do.

"I'm torn again between my pride, my old friend
And who you've called me to be
I've sworn again to lay it down
to bring an END to this life lived for me."
Laura Story

"Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise Him! He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name. Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit. Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving, make music to our god ont he harp." Psalm 147
It is in the process of being worshipped that God communicates His presence to men.
Use things that thwart my plans as opportunities to talk to God.

"Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, ALWAYS giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" Ephesians 5:19-20
JOY. Give thanks. Make the most of every opportunity 

"Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors" Psalm 27:11
"[He will] equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Christ, to whom be Glory forever and ever." Hebrews 13
Ask God to teach me His ways. He understands. Be aware of His presence and my need to be needed.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. " 1 John 4:18
Love is perfected when it passes from talk to walk.
Does the coming Holocaust of Divine wrath at the final judgement startle us as deeply and mobilize us dramatically?
Living a life of active love shows that we have the Spirit of Jesus.

WHEW! And there's a few more that are still in the pockets of some of my pants, serving as sweet reminders of His Love
..and the fact that I should do laundry...

No comments:

Post a Comment