I haven't blogged in so long that I forgot my account name and password and had to re-register. This is a problem! I just KNOW all my faithful faithful followers have been checking this blog daily- possibly multiple times a day- only to see that same post about the stupid bowling event that you cannot relate to on any level.
Well stress no more! I am posting!
This summer I've been living the best of both worlds. I'm living the life of a 21 year old grown up who still gets pampered by her mommy and daddy. It's so great!
Being a teller at Greenville First has been fun, busy and hilarious. If you come visit me, I'll give you a blow pop! And maybe even a packet of Ritz Bitz (Cheese edition- because the Peanut Butter version just doesn't measure up. And that's coming from a PB junkie) if I haven't smuggled them all to my desk and stuffed them in my face already.
I wake up in the mornings to my new phone's alarm...tangent about that for a bit... I really feel as if I've down-graded in my new phone purchase. If I don't want an iPhone or a Droid then all I can have is the 1980s version that barely even takes pictures? How do all you people afford internet service is what I want to know! I know it's not from robbing the bank because I have all the keys. (don't mug me!)
Anyways...waking up to my alarm and having my mommy fix me breakfast and send me off to work with my lunch is just so great. And then I come home and she has supper waiting on me- these are the glory days, my friends!
I've discovered some great things this summer. In no particular order, here they are:
1. I love getting back from a hot, hard run and taking a cold shower and getting so clean. I hate showering, but I love being clean. And smelling good. I'm trying to adapt a scent. Right now it's J'Adore Dior which my sister in law Rebecca gave me. I want to own it. Like, people smell it in the mall and think of me. That takes a lot of dedication on my part though. It's probably more likely that you'll smell a pair of running shoes and think of me. Or, not think of me..at..all (TEAR!)
2. THIS BLOG: howsweeteats.com If I can't eat sweets, then I can look at and read about them all day long. AND the website isn't blocked at work. So, I just read about food all day long and all my co-workers wonder why I'm not 800 pounds heavier since I seem to be obsessed with cakes and cookies. Read it, join me in the madness.
3. Jesus Calling. The book. Or devotional. Whatever you'd like to call it. It's so good. Shout out to my bff (read: biff) CaroS for giving it to me! Go buy it! Or befriend CaroS and hope she gives it to you for your birthday!
4. A glass of wine at night. In bed. While reading a mindless novel that I've had since I was 12 (Christy Miller series-- Stephanie, are you with me??!) And falling asleep at 10:30. You call it lame, I call it perfection.
5. JP and Ames. I'll admit that this season of the Bachelorette is a complete snoozefest, but that doesn't mean I won't still be tip toe-ing around my house so as not to mess up the finicky satellite in my house that only catches ABC if I hold my breath and stand on my head. But in all seriousness, if someone walks upstairs or closes a door, the channel is gone. So, it was quite a miracle when I got to watch the whole episode Monday night. Ames..just so awkward I squirm every time that he's shown. But who wouldn't love someone that says things like "That sounds fantastic, Ashley" enunciating every syllable and has the worlds most awkward elevator kiss? Love it! JP, he needs no explanation. I just love him. His voice, his shaved head, his lips, .....
6. The fact that I cannot be late to work. Seriously, I've tried to be late, and it just doesn't happen. The later I leave, the quicker I get there. Guess I just have to keep sleeping in!
For now, I will leave you with this from Jesus Calling:
"Keep walking with Me along the path I have chosen for you.The journey is arduous at times, and you are weak. Someday you will dance lightfooted on the high peaks; but for now, your walk is often plodding and heavy. All I require of you is to take the next step, clinging to My hand for strength and direction. Stay on the path I have selected for you. It is truly the path of Life"
Psalm 37:23-34; Psalm 16:11