Actually, I like it like this. Wake up before the sun, run with my girls, retreat back to my cube--which is the only decorated room in the apt until
I enjoy talking to myself, so I should take more advantage of this outlet.
I think it's more socially acceptable than the mirror talk that I usually do. Am I alone in this? Probably.
So here's my list-like update of whats been going on since my last post..in July.
1. I have found the joy of running with good friends! I thought it was the running I was getting sick of near the end of the summer. But alas! I just needed some company! This morning was so fun being back with my teammates running thru the bounding hills of Milliken. Speaking of which...I really need to dry my shoes before this afternoon's practice...
2. I have attempted to become DIY girl. Do. It. Yourself. I got stuck on Pinterest.com during my Greenville First work days (people started making comments about all the food I was
3. I want to marry a cowboy and move to the country. I want to have ten kids and a garden and cook great meals and ride horses and wear cowgirl boots and hats and flannel and have a wrap around porch and and and...
4. or else I want to live in LA and have a hip apartment and live a fast paced city life. Wait, are those polar opposites? I'm really not indecisive at all. Yes I am. No I'm not.
5. Most importantly, I went through a rough period with my relationship with the Lord. As in, I completely ignored it. And my conclusion is: it was awful! My life had no meaning, my days were frivolous, I felt so useless and blah all the time. It's so good to be back in communication with God! He has proven to me again that He is Life. Not living for Him is not living at all!
"I have taken up residence within you; I am central in your innermost being. your mind goes off in tangents from its holy Center, time after time. Do not be alarmed by your inability to remain focused on Me. Simply bring your thoughts gently back to Me each time they wander. The quickest way to redirect your mind to Me is to whisper My Name" Jesus Calling Exodus 3:14; 1 Cor. 3:16; Ps. 25:14-15
Don't you love it when a devotional seems like it was written just for you?
I have missed prayer so much! I have missed my Savior! What a priveldge that He is as close as a whisper. That he waits for me and welcomes me back with open arms, clothes me with His white robe of Righteousness, and calls me daughter. He gives me a name and a purpose! O Jesus, that I may trust you fully even when I walk through the valleys. I am so thankful for the valleys because they have been the times that have brought me nearest to the Lord. As I look back on the past 3 years of college, they really have been years full of mistakes, rebellion, and, to put it plainly, sin. But I have also come to know the love, mercy, grace, goodness, and power of my God in a deeper way than ever before. I wish I were a better student so I didn't have to go through so much for God to get my attention, but I am so thankful that He never lets go!
Amen? Amen! Let it be!